• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

full time army and school

T

thebruiser41

i am thinking about joining the canadian army full time and i heard u can go to school at the same time. i was thinking about taking plumbing.

how could u do full time army and school at the same time? can any help me

jonsey

Reaction score
Fulltime and school? I don‘t see how that‘s possible, except for going to the Royal Military College.

You can go to school full time and join the Reserves.

shado_wolf

Reaction score
actually you can. How do I know, you ask?

I‘m doing it.....

I am going to a Tech School for 2 years on the gov‘t tab and I owe them 3 years afterwards. Because my trade is a tech job I get spec pay after I grad and turn into an acting cpl.

Now the bad news for ya thebruiser41. Plumbing isn‘t on the NCM-SEP list.

Here‘s some info http://www.recruiting.forces.ca/html/news_events/news_room/ncm_sep.html

S

Slacker

You have to remember that once you get in you will be doing basic, so you can‘t do anything else then. You will move on to your Bat. school or Trade school, driving school (depending on trade) etc. Once you have left all that behind and get posted to your home unit you may have a chance to go to school, granted there is a school offering the course you want in your area, but, if you have to deploy to the feild or an Operation, you are going to miss all those classes.

I have a friend in Kingston that has tried three times now to complete a night course at Queens. Every time he tries he gets sent somewhere making it impossible to finish his work.

Chooses one or the other. Or join the reserves and do your plumbing course.

I am in the same boat as ^ as I am going to be going to school for two years (payed for by the Army) but I will be a Civi pretty much, untill I am done.

shado_wolf

Reaction score
Okay... ?

Here‘s a sitrep from where I am.

To get in the program you MUST already be enrolled in a full time day program. Then if there is time they send you to basic. Because I started with the forces in sept and my school didn‘t start until january I was able to go to basic training. There are 4 people at the same school who started school in sept and will do basic in the summer. I am slotted for SLT for some reason (dunno why as I am an NCM not an Officer) but the others will be going to basic.

Dylan

[edit]
Sorry slacker I didn‘t really read the end of your post before responding. Your in the NCM-SEP as well? Your a civy in as much as you don‘t wear a uniform day to day but your still more than that. I guess we need the original poster to clarify if he means work in the forces doing army type stuff and go to school on the side or go to school full time for the forces and come out ahead in the end......
[edit]

T

thebruiser41

i was thinking fulltime army and a possible night course like 2 times week