Author Topic: Planning to pursue career of MPO pls help me.  (Read 6851 times)

Offline twister666

• Rate Post
Planning to pursue career of MPO pls help me.
« on: June 24, 2007, 14:48:51 »
Hello everyone. I just finished bachelors degree in sociology specialization and was interested in pursuing MPO career. I tried to get answers from the local recruting center but they could not give me all details. I would really appreciate for all contributions that I will receive and thanks in advance.
I have the following questions.
1. Is it realistic to get into MPO with bachelors in sociology?
2. From checking how many possitions are available for MPOs I found that there are about 6 empty possition, it sounds it is almost impossible to get in it or there are some other things that I am missing?
3. I am married (at least for now) and was wondering if there will be possibility to choose location for the first few years or I will be assigned to anywhere the army wants. The reason is that my wife is finishing bachelors and going to do medicine or masters and will need to live in proximity to a big city with university.
4. Are there any positilities in getting more advanced trainning to do crime investigations (I saw it on the website but just making sure I understood it correctly) and if possible to advance what are the chances of getting to such trainning and possition.
5. I am currious how many MPOs in Canadian Army.
6. I am also currious how many Investigators there are.

Please if anyone has some information or answers to these questions please let me know.

Offline Bruce Monkhouse

Is a pinball wizard.

• Lab Experiment #13
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
  • WHERE IS MY BATON?
    • http://www.canadianbands.com./home.html
Re: Planning to pursue career of MPO pls help me.
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2007, 15:32:42 »
I'm curious what recruiting centre you went to?

I would ask that everyone hold off on answering until "Twister" comes back to me with some questions I will have for him.

Thank you.
IF YOU REALLY ENJOY THIS SITE AND WISH TO CONTINUE,THEN PLEASE WIGGLE UP TO THE BAR AND BUY A SUBSCRIPTION OR SOME SWAG FROM THE MILNET.CA STORE OR IF YOU WISH TO ADVERTISE PLEASE SEND MIKE SOME DETAILS.

Everybody has a game plan until they get punched in the mouth.

Offline twister666

• Rate Post
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2007, 15:35:04 »
Bruce Hi!
I went to the center in Montreal that is located on St-Catherine close to Guy Concordia Metro.

Offline CmbtMP

• Rate Post
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2007, 18:37:23 »
1. Yes
2. There's more than 6 positions open.
3. Anywhere's the military wants, were not the RCMP.
4. Yes. Your work ethic and skill.
5. Not sure myself, most I've seen at once was about 40.
6. A lot, but they are NCM's not Officers. So I think the point is moot.

The Milnet MP forums will elaborate on all the above.
Exemplo Ducemus

Offline twister666

• Rate Post
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2007, 19:59:34 »
CombatMP thank you for answering to my questions.  :cdn:

Offline kincanucks

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
    • ARRSE
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2007, 22:07:42 »
Bruce Hi!
I went to the center in Montreal that is located on St-Catherine close to Guy Concordia Metro.

And there lies the problem.
- Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
- If we are the only intelligent life in the universe, at least there's a finite number of idiots.
- Just when you realize life's a *****, it has puppies.

Offline twister666

• Rate Post
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2007, 23:48:01 »
kincanucks  what you mean?

Offline kincanucks

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
    • ARRSE
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2007, 16:34:54 »
kincanucks  what you mean?

If you search this site for my comments on CFRC Montreal and the way they do business you will see what I mean.  Good Luck and remember Kingston or Ottawa are less than two hours away.
- Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
- If we are the only intelligent life in the universe, at least there's a finite number of idiots.
- Just when you realize life's a *****, it has puppies.

Offline robert1999

• Rate Post
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2007, 23:45:14 »
hello, its my first time on this site and i haven't figured out yet how to just post a general message. However, since this forum is related to MPO questions I have a few myself. I was wondering when the next selection board for DEO MPO's convenes...i know there was one in november but haven't been able to deduce when the next one is. Also are there specific times that officers are sent to basic officer training (*as a general rule at least?). I just want to get a grasp of how much longer I will have to wait to hear back and also the soonest time I would most likely find myself in Basic officer training. If you can help in any way it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Rob :)

Offline ArmyVern

is awake.

• Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2007, 00:03:47 »
You want to be a Material Processing Officer (MPO) in the world of Log Os in Supply?? Good on you!!  >:D
Hard by MCpl Elton Adams

If you or someone you love is having difficulty & would like to speak to someone who has been through a similar experience, who understands, & will respect your need for privacy and confidentiality, contact OSISS toll-free at 1-800-883-6094. You can locate the peer closest to you by logging on to www.osiss.ca, clicking on “Contact us” link & then choosing the “Peer” or “Family Support Network”. Help IS out there.

Offline CFR FCS

• Rate Post
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2007, 12:19:25 »
Army Vern,
You just confused the masses out there who do not understand the wonderful world of "Sustainment" and all it's intricacies.

Robert 1999,
the first stage is to get your application and file through the CFRC and once you have completed all the steps including CFAT, medical and interview your will be merit listed for MPO. Once that happens the next step is selection to attend the MPOAC (Military Police Officer Assessment Centre) when you will be evaluated. If you are successful then you are selected by the MP branch and an offer with a course assigned to it will come your way. Next MPOAC is March 08.  Good luck. 
Those who live by the sword will be shot by those of us who have progressed.

Offline ArmyVern

is awake.

• Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2007, 16:37:32 »
Army Vern,
You just confused the masses out there who do not understand the wonderful world of "Sustainment" and all it's intricacies.

Oooops.  >:D

;D
Hard by MCpl Elton Adams

If you or someone you love is having difficulty & would like to speak to someone who has been through a similar experience, who understands, & will respect your need for privacy and confidentiality, contact OSISS toll-free at 1-800-883-6094. You can locate the peer closest to you by logging on to www.osiss.ca, clicking on “Contact us” link & then choosing the “Peer” or “Family Support Network”. Help IS out there.

Offline Antoine

• Rate Post
  • Achieving singularity and paradigm shifts
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2009, 18:47:09 »
Hi All,

From the CF recruiting web site and the present forum, I understand that DEO applicants to reserve MP officer come preferably from a criminal justice-related field.

I was wondering if any scientist (bio, chem, phys,...) in the present forum are MP officer or are planning to get in?

Regards
The Future Is Coming Sooner Then You Think - 2007 U.S. Congress study by the Joint Economic Committee
The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom - Isaac Asimov
We risk continuing to fight a 21st-century conflict with 20th-century rules - John Reid, British secretary of state for defence
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Offline Antoine

• Rate Post
  • Achieving singularity and paradigm shifts
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2009, 18:28:15 »
I have called the MP reserve unit, for MP officer in the reserve, you can apply with any university degree, however they might prefer candidates with relevent experiences or degrees. Usually, they receive more candidatures than available MPO positions, but inversely for NCM in the unit reserve I have reached.
The Future Is Coming Sooner Then You Think - 2007 U.S. Congress study by the Joint Economic Committee
The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom - Isaac Asimov
We risk continuing to fight a 21st-century conflict with 20th-century rules - John Reid, British secretary of state for defence
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity