Author Topic: Potential Education Reimbursement Funding Restriction FY 13/14  (Read 38756 times)

Offline airmich

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
And yet another "potential" cut of funding.  I just received this email regarding my current active ILP:

POTENTIAL EDUCATION REIMBURSEMENT FUNDING RESTRICTION FY 13/14 =========================

******** DO NOT REPLY TO THIS E-MAIL ********

THIS MESSAGE IS FOR YOUR INFORMATION.

SENT ON BEHALF OF COMD CDA

1. Military Personnel Instruction 17/04 - Education Reimbursement for the Regular Force establishes the CF Education Reimbursement program and assigns responsibility for its administration to CDA. The program has been in effect since 2004 and provides an avenue for CF personnel to be reimbursed for educational opportunities in support of CF objectives. The instruction notes that funding for this program is not guaranteed.

2. While the CF Education Reimbursement program has never guaranteed funding for ILPs, funding in recent years has been available to fully reimburse ILPs. However, due to current departmental fiscal pressures, the funds available for ER may be significantly reduced on 1 Apr 2013.

3. Para 2 does not refer to ILPs for members under DAOD 5002-6 CEOTP or CANFORGEN 094/10 -Education Reimbursement for Ill and Injured Personnel. ILPs and claims may continue to be submitted under these policies.

4. Specific details on the implications for and existing ILPs will be sent as a separate notice to users and posted on the CDA ILP DWAN site at http://cda.mil.ca/j3ops/ilpaccess-eng.asp or http://www.cda-acd.forces.gc.ca/au-ns/wa/rp-eng.asp.

5. Questions or clarifications can be sent to +DLM-DGA@CDA-ACD@Kingston or dlm-dga@forces.gc.ca mailbox.

So I'll raise a glass, not the first nor last, Come join me in this toast...Because the old black rum's got a hold on me ~ Great Big Sea

Offline jeffb

Really needs to stop buying guns... .

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
Re: Potential Education Reimbursement Funding Restriction FY 13/14
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 22:03:03 »
Ya, just got the same one minutes after I submitted the final paper on my 7th of 12 courses. I'll be able to get the 8th done before the 1st but hopefully I can get the last 4 courses funded. I can't say I am that surprised frankly that this is one of the programs on the chopping block but it is incredibly short sighted.
~ Ubique ~
Simple is better except when complicated looks really cool.

Offline airmich

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 22:10:22 »
I was talking to a couple of friends the other day about ILPs.  Neither of them have been able to submit a request for new ILPs.  Definitely unfortunate for anyone trying to get started on education. 

I also received an email in November telling me to log into my current ILP, review for accuracy, and indicate substantiation for continuing with it.  After I did that, it was re-endorsed and re-approved for funding for FY 2012/13.  I figure that was the start of things, to determine how many are currently accurate and hopefully that will help with some funding for next FY.
So I'll raise a glass, not the first nor last, Come join me in this toast...Because the old black rum's got a hold on me ~ Great Big Sea

Offline Journeyman

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • Your example, not your opinion, can cause change
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2013, 01:31:32 »
.....but it is incredibly short sighted.
That may be the eulogy for CDA.  This is but one of several short-sighted decisions that cuts educational/intellectual support for the CF but keeps the maximum number of CDA HQ personnel employed. 

After all, when you're provided with a MGen commanding, there's a whole PY pyramid of requisite ranks, whose justification cannot be questioned.
There’s nothing more maddening than debating someone who doesn’t know history, doesn’t read books, and frames their myopia as virtue. The level of unapologetic conjecture I’ve encountered lately isn’t just frustrating, it’s retrogressive, unprecedented, and absolutely terrifying.
~Chris Evans

Offline Brihard

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Non-Electric Pop-Up Target
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2013, 16:28:22 »
The PRes is affected by this too. One of my troops just forwarded this to me.

POTENTIAL EDUCATION REIMBURSEMENT FUNDING RESTRICTION FY 13/14 =========================

******** DO NOT REPLY TO THIS E-MAIL ********

THIS MESSAGE IS FOR YOUR INFORMATION.

SENT ON BEHALF OF COMD CDA

1. CBI 210.801 - Education Reimbursement - Primary Reserve establishes the CF Education Reimbursement program and assigns responsibility for its administration to CDA. The program has been in effect since 2004 and provides an avenue for CF personnel to be reimbursed for educational opportunities in support of CF objectives. Note that funding for this program is not guaranteed.

2. While the CF Education Reimbursement program has never guaranteed funding for ILPs, funding in recent years has been available to reimburse ILPs $2,000 per academic year to a career maximum of $8,000. However, due to current departmental fiscal pressures, the funds available for ER may be significantly reduced on 1 Apr 13.

3. Para 2 does not refer to ILPs for members under CANFORGEN 094/10 - Education Reimbursement for Ill and Injured Personnel. ILPs and claims may continue to be submitted under this policy.

4. Specific details on the implications for and existing ILPs will be sent as a separate notice to users and posted on the CDA ILP DWAN site at http://cda.mil.ca/j3ops/ilpaccess-eng.asp or http://www.cda-acd.forces.gc.ca/au-ns/wa/rp-eng.asp.

5. Questions or clarifications can be sent to +DLM-DGA@CDA-ACD@Kingston or dlm-dga@forces.gc.ca mailbox.

*********** DO NOT REPLY TO THIS E-MAIL ***********
Pacificsm is doctrine fostered by a delusional minority and by the media, which holds forth the proposition it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Offline Brihard

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2013, 17:13:15 »
Following on my last post, upon further reflection: Is anyone here in the chain of command of a reserve organization aware of this having been promulgated down the chain of command prior to or concurrent with word going directly to the soldiers potentially impacted via email? My back of the envelope numbers (~25k PRes, ~40% student ca. a 2006 study) we may be looking at between 6 and 10k reservists who've just had this sent to them direct, and those of us who the soldiers should be able to count on to explain things have not been informed about this possibility.

It may be that word simply didn't get to me, but I'd like to know if this has been formally promulgated down the chain at any level, or if CDA's taking the 'bite the pillow; it helps' approach on this one.
Pacificsm is doctrine fostered by a delusional minority and by the media, which holds forth the proposition it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Offline Harris

Is back at the grind.

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2013, 17:17:25 »
Nothing came to/through me at my unit.
Cheers

Todd
Army.ca

"...persons escaping a lethal dose of radiation may well be rendered seriously ill and or be more prone to various forms of cancer in later years. Hence, their morale and performance may be expected to slump."
Crap, I think I got a lethal dose!!!

Offline Brihard

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2013, 17:21:28 »
Nothing came to/through me at my unit.

You've got considerably more rank than I, and more experience in seeing things from a loftier perspective- is it reasonable of me to be a bit pissed that unit leadership may well be finding this out first from the troops themselves? We've been afforded no ability to proactively address the inevitable rumors.

I think I can fairly say this is the single most visible and accessed benefit amongst our troops, and is a hell of a retention tool besides that.

Offline Pat in Halifax

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
  • Jackwagon
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2013, 17:25:14 »
I did hear rumblings about this about 10 days ago. There have been meetings in Kingston about this and other topics and more are coming. I am surprised though that this is how it is being broadcasted to us. This is being sent out in advance of an official directive, I suspect because though something will change with respect to ER, exactly what is probably not known. Notice it says "...funds available for ER may be significantly reduced on 1 Apr 13..."
"No ******* ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making some other dumb ******* die for his"
George S. Patton

Offline Brihard

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2013, 17:27:00 »
I did hear rumblings about this about 10 days ago. There have been meetings in Kingston about this and other topics and more are coming. I am surprised though that this is how it is being broadcasted to us. This is being sent out in advance of an official directive, I suspect because though something will change with respect to ER, exactly what is probably not known. Notice it says "...funds available for ER may be significantly reduced on 1 Apr 13..."

Yup, seen. I just find that the extremely 'maybe' nature of this is discordant with the need apparently felt to get word out suddenly and directly by this kind of dissemination.

Offline Harris

Is back at the grind.

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2013, 18:25:49 »
You've got considerably more rank than I, and more experience in seeing things from a loftier perspective- is it reasonable of me to be a bit pissed that unit leadership may well be finding this out first from the troops themselves? We've been afforded no ability to proactively address the inevitable rumors.

No, I agree with you.  This is not acceptable.  What do I tell my troops when they come looking for answers?  I guess I've got some work to do Monday.
Cheers

Todd
Army.ca

"...persons escaping a lethal dose of radiation may well be rendered seriously ill and or be more prone to various forms of cancer in later years. Hence, their morale and performance may be expected to slump."
Crap, I think I got a lethal dose!!!

Offline Brihard

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2013, 18:31:23 »
No, I agree with you.  This is not acceptable.  What do I tell my troops when they come looking for answers?  I guess I've got some work to do Monday.

Yup. Absent any Monday morning fires to put out, drafting an email up my chain to summarize what's known and what I believe needs to be found out is my first task after my second coffee allows me to start with the words-putting-into-sentences-doing-thing.

Offline GnyHwy

• is a pragmatic optimist.
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • GO GUNS!!!
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2013, 18:47:46 »
It would be helpful if they define the selection criteria for what or who they will approve/not approve.  I realize that there would still be no guarantees, but at least you might be able get an idea of your probability.  Especially helpful for young troops that don't have the money to burn.

Or is that too much to ask for?

Offline HappyWithYourHacky

• Rate Post
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2013, 19:06:05 »
I Notice it says "...funds available for ER may be significantly reduced on 1 Apr 13..."

What I find the most troubling is that they leave everyone hanging, especially with the 'may' portion.  Either spill the beans or make up your minds prior to such 'notifications'.

Offline PuckChaser

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • Peacekeeper's Homepage
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2013, 23:58:02 »
What I find the most troubling is that they leave everyone hanging, especially with the 'may' portion.  Either spill the beans or make up your minds prior to such 'notifications'.

Seems common, just like PLD and LDA "may" be going away last year, or this year, or next year. Fear mongering soldiers who don't need the added stress...

Offline airmich

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2013, 09:34:15 »
AND the fact that they sent the emails out late Friday so there is nobody to contact to inquiry further about things so we sit here and stew until Monday.

Online garb811

• MP/MPO Question Answerer
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2013, 11:07:49 »
Well, the good news is, there's advance notice this time.  Last time they screwed with educational reimbursement, they did it after everyone had enrolled and paid for the fall semester.

The direct to troops email is a growing problem though; it happens with Schools sending joining instructions for courses, CFJSG does it with joining instructions for pre-deployment training etc and then everyone craps on the chain of command when one of the troops fails to meet the requirements that the chain of command had no visibility on.

Offline Michael O'Leary

• The moral high ground cannot be dominated by fire alone, it must be occupied to be claimed as held.
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The Regimental Rogue
Re: ILPs may not be funded for reservists
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2013, 14:14:15 »
Thoughts?

I don't think this should really surprise anyone.

Offline airmich

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2013, 14:35:54 »
Something else I just thought of:  Let's say that they do axe ER come 1 Apr.  Any ER prior to 1 Apr would still be good, but by the books, we have up to one year to submit our claims.  I would almost think about registering for a bunch of courses within my ILP for this semester to ensure I have it, and then take the next while to work on them.

However, I can also see them putting a limit on the timeframe for when these final claims must be submitted, or not even putting it into writing and then cutting it on 31 Mar 2013.

All of these are just thoughts and ideas, and hopefully more information will follow soon.  But I am in a good position right now because I am working on an OPME (hence "free")and my ILP technically gives me 2 courses for this semester.  Two of the ones that I need are monthly intake so I am seriously considering signing up for them for 1 Mar and getting them in now before things might be cut.

Offline captloadie

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2013, 16:26:00 »
The e-mail I received through the CoC stated that funding would be reduced for all ER with the exception of CEOTP and sick and injured personnel. On top of that, only receipts provided for courses completed by 30 Apr 13 would be reimbursed. This date was selected because it coincided with the end of most university/college semesters. Members were told not to make financial commitments until further info was provided.

Offline Pat in Halifax

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
  • Jackwagon
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2013, 09:45:35 »
Just got this this morning with a promise that a CANFORGEN is forthcoming:

ON BEHALF OF COMD CDA
Ref A. Military Personnel Instruction 17/04 - Education Reimbursement for the Reg F
B.  Compensation Benefits Instruction 210.801 - Education Reimbursement – Primary Res
C.  Compensation Benefits Instruction 210.802 - Skills Completion Programme – Reg F
D.  Military Personnel Instruction 18/04 – Advanced Degree Program – Reg F
E.  CANFORGEN 094/10 – Education Reimbursement for Ill and Injured Personnel
F.  DAOD 5002-6 - Continuing Education Officer Training Plan – Reg F
1.   Refs A through D above establish the CF Education Reimbursement program and assigns responsibility for its administration to the CDA.  The programs have been in effect since 2004 and provide an avenue for CF personnel to be reimbursed for educational opportunities in support of CF objectives. Note that funding for these programs is not guaranteed.
2.   While the CF Education Reimbursement programs have never guaranteed funding for ILPs, funding in recent years has been available to fully reimburse ILPs.  However, due to current departmental fiscal pressures, the funds available for ER may be significantly reduced on 1 Apr 2013.

Forgues, PJ
MGen

Questions and Answers / Questions et réponses

Q1.   What CF ER programs are affected?

A1.   The ER programs affected are:

   Mil Pers Instruction 17/04 Education Reimbursement for the Reg Force;
   CBI 210.801 Education Reimbursement for the Primary Reserve;
   CBI 210.802 Skills Completion Program; and
   Mil Pers Instruction 18/04 Advanced Degree Programme.

Q2.   What kind of policy adjustments will be made to the programs?

A2.   There are currently no approved policy adjustments to the programs, but expect to see changes in the next year.

Q3.   How does this affect ill and injured members commencing part-time education?

A3.   Members applying under Ref E may continue to apply for reimbursement.  ILPs and claims can continue to be submitted as per normal.

Q4.   How does this affect members under CEOTP?

Q4.   Members applying under Ref F may continue to apply for reimbursement.  ILPs and claims can continue to be submitted as per normal.

Q5.    How will these departmental fiscal pressures affect my ILP?

A.5   Due to current departmental fiscal pressures, the funds available for ER may be significantly reduced on 1 Apr 13.  As a result, the funding for Spring/Summer 12/13 and AY 13/14 cannot be committed for your ILP at this time.

Q6.   What if I’m part-way through this semester and have past the deadline to withdraw?

A6.   Claims previous and up to the end of the 2013 Winter semester, with an approved ILP, can be submitted for reimbursement. 

Reimbursement for all following semesters and/or academic years will not be approved until the full extent of the departmental fiscal pressures is known.

Q7.   Will my academic year for 13/14 be approved once funding levels are known?

A7.   Funding for AY 13/14 is not guaranteed.  Reimbursement will not be made retroactive for activities undertaken without approved funding.  Please continue to consult the CDA website for new and updated information.   

Q8.   Will Primary Reserve members be reimbursed for this academic year beginning 1 Sept 2013?

A8.   Claims previous and up to the end of the 2013 Winter semester only will be eligible for reimbursement beginning 1 Sept 2013 for a period of 1 year.

Q9.   What if my ILP has not been active but I am continuing to take courses?

A9.   Any ILP that has not been active for more than 12-14 months will be cancelled unless there is an operational justification that can be verified.  Please note that ILPs cannot be approved in arrears.

Q10.  What if I have a claim that has not been processed in the last 12 month?

A10.  According to QR&O 203.05 Delay in Submissions of Claims, any sum of money payable under the QR&O or CBI that is not claimed within a period of twelve months after the date on which it might have been claimed is forfeited.  For the purposes of these ER policies, the 12 months begins at the completion of a course.  Any late claims due to unusual or exceptional circumstances can be submitted to CDA through your PSO for review.

Q11.  Where can I get answers to my questions?

A11. You may forward any queries that are not already answered in the Q&A’s to the +DLM-DGA@CDA-ACD@Kingston or dlm-dga@forces.gc.ca mailbox. This mailbox is monitored daily.  Please note that due to a current high volume of emails, it may take several days for someone to return your email.

Q12.  Are there other mechanisms to support self-development for CF Members?   

R12.  Yes, there is the possibility of receiving assistance through the Educational Assistance Loan Program.  Information can be found at: https://www.cfpsa.com/en/SupportOurTroops/OurFunds/CFPAF/Pages/default.aspx.

You may also claim educational tax credits on your personal income tax return.  Information can be found at http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/ndvdls/tpcs/ncm-tx/rtrn/cmpltng/ddctns/lns300-350/323/menu-eng.html.    

ENGLISH TEXT ENDS / LE TEXTE FRANÇAIS SUIT

AU NOM DU COMMANDANT DE L’ACD
Réf A. Instruction du (CPM) 17/04 - Modalités de remboursement des frais d`études pour les militaires de la Force régulière
B.  Directives sur la rémunération et les avantages sociaux 210.801 – Remboursement de frais de scolarité – Première réserve
C.  Directives sur la rémunération et les avantages sociaux 210.802 – Programme de perfectionnement des compétences – Force régulière
D.  Instruction du (CPM) 18/04 – Études supérieures – programme d`études à temps partiel à l’intention des officiers de la Force régulière

E.  CANFORGEN 094/10 – Remboursement des frais de scolarité au personnel malade et blessé
F.  DOAD 5002-6 - Programme de formation des officiers – Éducation permanente – Force régulière
1.   Les références A à D ci-dessus établissent les paramètres du programme de remboursement des frais de scolarité des FC, et confère à l’ACD la responsabilité de son administration.  Les programmes sont en vigueur depuis 2004 et procure aux membres des FC un moyen de se faire rembourser les opportunités de formation qui sont en lien avec les objectifs des FC.  Fait à noter, le financement pour le remboursement des frais encourus n’est pas garanti par ces programmes. 
2.   Bien que le programme de remboursement des frais de scolarité des FC n’ait jamais garanti les fonds pour le financement des PAI, les fonds ont toujours été disponibles au cours des dernières années pour assurer le remboursement complet des PAI.  Toutefois, en raison des pressions budgétaires auxquelles le Ministère fait face actuellement, les fonds disponibles pour le remboursement des frais de scolarité pourraient être considérablement réduits à partir du 1er avril 2013.   

Forgues, PJ
MGén

Questions et réponses / Questions and Answers

Q1.   Quels sont les programmes de remboursement des frais de scolarité offerts par les FC qui seront affectés?

R1.   Les programmes de remboursement des frais de scolarité affectés sont les suivants:

   Instruction du (CPM) 17/04 - Modalités de remboursement des frais d`études pour les militaires de la Force régulière;
   Directives sur la rémunération et les avantages sociaux 210.801 – Remboursement de frais de scolarité – Première réserve;
   Directives sur la rémunération et les avantages sociaux 210.802 – Programme de perfectionnement des compétences – Force régulière; et
   Instruction du (CPM) 18/04 – Études supérieures – programme d`études à temps partiel à l’intention des officiers de la Force régulière.

Q2.   A quel genre de changements doit-on s’attendre concernant les politiques régissant les programmes de remboursement des frais de scolarité?

R2.   Il n`y a présentement aucun changement qui a été approuvé en ce qui concerne les politiques régissant les programmes, mais des changements sont à prévoir pour l’année prochaine.

Q3.   Quels seront les impacts de ces pressions budgétaires sur les militaires malades et blessés qui s’apprêtent à entreprendre des études à temps partiel?

R3.   Les militaires malades et blessés (réf E) pourront continuer à faire une demande de remboursement.  Les PAI et les demandes de réclamation continueront d’être soumis selon les procédures habituelles. 

Q4.   Quels seront les impacts de ces pressions budgétaires sur les militaires enrôlés sous le PFOEP?

R4.   Les militaires enrôlés sous le PFOEP (réf F) pourront continuer à faire une demande de remboursement.  Les PAI et les demandes de réclamation continueront d’être soumis selon les procédures habituelles.

Q5.    Quels seront les impacts de ces pressions budgétaires sur mon PAI? 

R.5   En raison des pressions budgétaires auxquelles le Ministère fait face actuellement, les fonds disponibles pour le remboursement des frais de scolarité pourraient être considérablement réduits à partir du 1er avril 2013.  En conséquence, les fonds pour financer votre PAI ne peuvent être alloués à ce moment-ci. 

Q6.   Que dois-je faire si je suis à mi-chemin dans la session en cours, et que la date limite pour abandonner le cours est déjà passée?

R6.   Les demandes de réclamations précédentes, et  celles s`échelonnant jusqu’à la fin de la session d’hiver 2013 pourront être soumises pour remboursement si elles sont appuyées par un PAI approuvé. 

Le remboursement des frais encourus pour toute session ou année scolaire subséquente ne sera pas approuvé tant que l’étendue complète des pressions budgétaires auxquelles fait face le Ministère ne sera pas connue.
Q7.   Est-ce que mon année scolaire 2013/2014 sera approuvée au moment où les montants de financement seront connus?

R7.   Il n’y a aucun financement de garanti pour l’année scolaire 2013/2014.  Aucun remboursement des frais encourus ne sera effectué de façon rétroactive pour des activités qui auront été entreprises, sans avoir été préalablement approuvé.  Veuillez consulter le site de l’ACD de façon régulière afin d’être au fait de l’information à jour.

Q8.   Est-ce que les membres de la Première réserve seront remboursés pour l’année scolaire en cours, et ce à partir du 1er septembre?

R8.   Seules les demandes de réclamations précédentes, et  celles s`échelonnant jusqu’à la fin de la session d’hiver 2013 pourront être soumises pour remboursement et ce, à compter du 1er septembre 2013 pour une période de un an.

Q9.   Que dois-je faire si mon PAI n’a pas été actif alors que je continuais à suivre des cours?

R9.   Tous les PAI qui sont demeurés inactifs pour plus de 12 à 14 mois seront cancellés, à moins que l’inactivité ne soit justifiée par un besoin opérationnel (preuves à l’appui).  Veuillez noter que les PAI ne peuvent pas être approuvées de façon rétroactive.

Q10.  Que dois-je faire si j’ai une demande de réclamation qui n’a pas été traitée au cours des 12 derniers mois?

R10. Selon l’ORFC 203.05 – Retard à réclamer, toute somme payable sous le régime des ORFC ou des DRAS qui n’a pas été réclamée dans les douze mois qui suivent la date où le titulaire y avait droit, devient invalide.  Pour les besoins des politiques sur le remboursement des frais de scolarité, la période de 12 mois commence la journée à laquelle le cours se termine.  Les demandes de réclamation qui sont soumises en retard en raison de circonstances inhabituelles ou exceptionnelles, peuvent être acheminées à l’ACD pour analyse, par l’entremise de votre OSP.   

Q11.  Où puis-je trouver réponses à mes questions?

R11. Vous pouvez acheminer vos questions à la boîte courriel +DLM-DGA@CDA-ACD@Kingston ou à dlm-dga@forces.gc.ca.  Ces deux adresses sont vérifiées sur une base quotidienne.  Étant donné le nombre anormalement élevé de courriels que nous recevons en ce moment, veuillez prévoir un délai de quelques jours avant de recevoir une réponse.

Q12.  Existe-t-il d’autres mécanismes visant à promouvoir l’auto-perfectionnement des membres des FC?   

R12.  Oui, il est possible de recevoir de l’aide financière via le programme de prêts d’études.  Vous trouverez de plus amples renseignements à l’adresse suivante:
https://www.cfpsa.com/fr/supportourtroops/ourfunds/cfpaf/pages/default.aspx
 https://www.cfpsa.com/fr/SupportOurTroops/OurFunds/CFPAF/Pages/default.aspx.

Vous pouvez également réclamer des crédits d’impôts pour les frais de scolarité encourus durant l’année sur votre déclaration de revenus.  Vous trouverez de plus amples renseignements à l’adresse suivante: http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/ndvdls/tpcs/ncm-tx/rtrn/cmpltng/ddctns/lns300-350/323/menu-fra.html
"No ******* ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making some other dumb ******* die for his"
George S. Patton

Offline HappyWithYourHacky

• Rate Post
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2013, 10:54:05 »
Well this sucks. Thanks for the update. I am hoping that some aspect of reimbursement will remain however, the references to the EALP and tax credits is a little ominous.

Offline Sly20

• Rate Post

Offline airmich

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2013, 20:18:14 »
I emailed my question re: starting a course prior to the end of the FY and received a response similar to what captloadie posted.

Due to current departmental fiscal pressures, the CF cannot guarantee at this time that any courses completed after the 2013 Winter semester will continue to be reimbursed.  As CDA faces increased funding pressures, ER, like numerous other CDA programs, is a potential source of reduction. No further info on when or if it will be affected is available at this point, but Comd CDA has directed a reform to the program. Thus, in the future, ER will likely look significantly different than it does now.

Any claims for courses previous and up to the end of the 2013 Winter semester with an approved ILP can be submitted for reimbursement.  If your course is completed by 30 April 2013, then you will be reimbursed.

I am curious as to what the "reform to the program" is.  I am completely fine with them limiting courses/expenses.  I currently have an ILP for 2 courses per semester.  I would much rather only take 1 per semester and be reimbursed for it then have the whole program canned.

Offline Jarnhamar

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2013, 21:06:31 »
A friend of mine in the reserves and in college just got a letter saying there isn't any money so he won't be reimbursed for his course.
There are no wolves on Fenris