Author Topic: CF Express  (Read 8865 times)

Offline Bear2

• Rate Post
CF Express
« on: August 07, 2007, 22:05:22 »
The CFLRS website & the Recruiting website have different standards listed for the fitness test - anyone know which is correct (specifically for the push ups?)

Thanks

Offline kincanucks

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
    • ARRSE
Re: CF Express
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 22:17:28 »
The CFLRS site lists the standard to attain in order to meet the physical demands of training and is only a training suggestion. The recruiting website list the minimum standard to remain in the CF.
- Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
- If we are the only intelligent life in the universe, at least there's a finite number of idiots.
- Just when you realize life's a *****, it has puppies.

Offline Agent Zero

• Hiabachi 1st Class
  • Rate Post
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 03:38:25 »
It all depends on you age and gender.

Generally, a younger male applicant is expected to do a lot more pushups than an older female applicant.

Same idea goes for the situps, and the running.

Just make sure you can do at least 25 pushups, and 25 situps before basic training. It'll be easier if you prepare yourself that way.

And always remember, "failing to prepare is preparing to fail"

Cheers
"There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, learning from failure."

"If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you are reading it in English, thank a soldier."

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." --George Orwell

mudrecceman

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2007, 04:01:06 »
The CFLRS website & the Recruiting website have different standards listed for the fitness test - anyone know which is correct (specifically for the push ups?)

Thanks

The fitness test, known as the EXPRES Test, has the same standard for all members of the CF, according to their age/gender catagory that is, including the test administered to all personnel in training at CFLRS or CFLRS Detachments (i.e. NRTD Borden, etc).  EXPRES Test standards (minimums) are as per the info on the link from the PSP Petawawa folks below.

http://www.psppetawawa.com/UCFExpres.cfm

Failure to achieve a PASS on these minimum standards at CFLRS info is here:

http://forums.army.ca/forums/index.php/topic,57242.0.html

MRM

« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 04:17:43 by Mud Recce Man »

mudrecceman

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2007, 04:04:10 »
Just make sure you can do at least 25 pushups, and 25 situps before basic training. It'll be easier if you prepare yourself that way.

Have you ever DONE a BMQ?  (Don't bother answering that...I just read your post history.)

Sorta missed out that little part about cardio fitness no?

The 20MSR?  The one part if you DO fail...you go to RFT, without collecting $200 for passing Go?

« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 04:16:24 by Mud Recce Man »

Offline Bear2

• Rate Post
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2007, 10:49:04 »
Thanks for the replies - I've actually self-tested for the strength components & have attained the standard listed on the CFLRS website, I also run daily and have competed in races and a marathon, so should be OK, but for some reason I'm still worried about taking the test - I guess I'm just nervous about it all...nervous but excited too!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 11:09:32 by Bear2 »

Offline Fishbone Jones

MSC -6495.

• "Some people will only like you if you fit inside their box. Don't be afraid to shove that box up their ass."
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
    • Army.ca
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2007, 12:21:13 »
.......and so ANOTHER express test thread ends.

Locked.

Milnet.ca Staff
Corruption in politics doesn't scare me.
What scares me is how comfortable people are doing nothing about it.