Author Topic: Rank Badge Placement  (Read 8604 times)

Offline Derek

• Rate Post
Rank Badge Placement
« on: October 06, 2008, 01:48:02 »

Does anybody know what the measurements would be for rank placement on DEU's. I cant seem to find any information on this at i don't have access to the DIN or the dress reg manual.

Thanks
DEVES
Life is hard, but it's harder if you're stupid.

Offline Blackadder1916

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
Re: Rank Badge Placement
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 03:10:23 »
The following is cut and pasted from CF Dress Instructions and should be applicable.

4. Rank insignia for petty officer second class or sergeant and below              b. Jacket, mess dress(optional), and No. 3 jacket             (1) Sewn centred on both sleeves, with the top of the ā€œVā€ of the uppermost chevron 18 cm (7 in.) below the shoulder seam for male personnel, and 15 cm (6 in.) for female personnel
Whisky for the gentlemen that like it. And for the gentlemen that don't like it - Whisky.

Offline BYT Driver

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 12:10:51 »
I suggest you take your tunic to the base tailor shop.  Not only do they know exactly where it is placed but will do a fantastic sewing job.  Besides, if it is ever questioned about on parade, you can say they did and not you.  Up there with barrack block haircuts. 
Just like when I was on POET in Kingston, I found out that one of the Canex barbers was the wife of one of my DS's...so anytime he hollered at me for a bad haircut, and "who the hell cut your mop?"  I would say, "Your wife MCPL"..usually shuts 'em right up.     ;D

Offline geo

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 21:01:56 »
Heh.... you really & truly wouldn,t want my wife to cut your hair..... fate worse than death
Chimo!

I have been turned into a ferret by the resident witch!!
And back again..... what a ride!

Offline Derek

• Rate Post
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2008, 01:32:49 »
Anyone know any tailors that know where to sew on badges for DEU's on the south side of Edmonton?

Base is about an 1.5 hour drive for me!

Thanks
DEVES
Life is hard, but it's harder if you're stupid.

Offline Blackadder1916

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2008, 02:42:57 »
It's been many years since I last used them (changed rank insignia on mess kit) but if they can custom make uniforms, they should be able to sew on rank.  But they may be pricey for what you want, so give them a call.

Lafleche Brothers Inc.
5824 99th St NW
Edmonton, AB
T6E 3N9
(780) 435-3456
Fax: (780) 438-9088

Whisky for the gentlemen that like it. And for the gentlemen that don't like it - Whisky.

Offline ModlrMike

: It's ridin' time!

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
    • Canadian Association of Physician Assistants
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2008, 08:51:14 »
I think Lafleche has closed their doors. At least, that's what I heard a couple of years ago. I could be wrong. If I'm not, then yes, they're a good choice.

http://www.rewedmonton.ca/content_view_rew?CONTENT_ID=1744
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 08:55:30 by ModlrMike »
WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may create the illusion that you are tougher,smarter, faster and better looking than most people.
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. (H.L. Mencken 1919)
Zero tolerance is the politics of the lazy. All it requires is that you do nothing and ban everything.
#49 | Rank: 273 | Cbt Exp: 20,640,154 | Msns: 2,650

Offline BYT Driver

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2008, 09:53:57 »
Doesn't Edmonton have a base tailor at the main QM clothing stores ???

geo, if your wife works at the canex barbershop, then I would probably get it done by her/them, if they make a mess of it, they are to blame... ;D