Author Topic: NDI 75 - Record of Service ID Card  (Read 25073 times)

Offline Agent X89A

• Rate Post
NDI 75 - Record of Service ID Card
« on: August 15, 2005, 03:14:54 »
I have a really simple, and really dumb, question.

How do I go about getting a Veteran's ID Card.

I'm totally frustrated searching both the DND and VA websites for information.

Can anyone help?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 18:46:40 by George Wallace »

Offline Lance Wiebe

• Rate Post
  • Retired WO
Re: Veteran's ID Cards
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2005, 06:40:38 »
You should have received it on release.  The release clerk here filled out the forms and sent them in for me.  Th actual card is called a "NDI 75: Record of Service Identification Card".  I actually didn't receive mine for about 6 months after release.

The card requires a photograph, and the appropriate forms.  I would suggest going to your nearest Unit/Base and enlisting the aid of the clerks, the unsung heroes of many of lifes little aggravations.

Good luck to you!
"It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who served beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protestor to burn the flag." - Charles M. Province

Online Bruce Monkhouse

is calling for summer.

• Lab Experiment #13
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • WHERE IS MY BATON?
    • http://www.canadianbands.com./home.html
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2005, 07:19:29 »
Lance, I have never recieved one, nor was I ever told I could get one. Is this a "newer" thing than when I "booked" it? [88]
IF YOU REALLY ENJOY THIS SITE AND WISH TO CONTINUE,THEN PLEASE WIGGLE UP TO THE BAR AND BUY A SUBSCRIPTION OR SOME SWAG FROM THE MILNET.CA STORE OR IF YOU WISH TO ADVERTISE PLEASE SEND MIKE SOME DETAILS.

For those of you who lived in the Ottawa Valley during the 80's FIST has a new double CD coming out.  http://www.myofist.com/

Offline Michael O'Leary

• The moral high ground cannot be dominated by fire alone, it must be occupied to be claimed as held.
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The Regimental Rogue
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2005, 08:06:13 »

Canadian Forces Personnel Newsletter
Issue 4/04 â “ 28 April 2004

http://www.forces.gc.ca/hr/cfpn/engraph/4_04/4_04_ready-for-release_e.asp

Record of Service card

If you are honourably releasing after 10 or more years of CF service and are entitled to an immediate annuity, you will now receive an NDI 75 ROS card at the time of your release.

As a retired member, you can use the plasticized card as a record of service and as a means of identification. It's a continuing link between you and the organization, and can be used to access DND/CF recreational facilities IAW local procedures.

If you elect retirement leave, you remain a CF member until that leave expires. For this period of retirement leave you will be issued a temporary ID card (NDI 10) that will expire when your retirement leave expires. By that time, you will have received your permanent ROS card.

If you do not elect retirement leave, you cease to be a CF member the day of your release. During your final release interview, you will turn in your CF ID card and receive a temporary ROS card, which will include your surname, given name, rank and length of service, a photo from your personal file, and an expiry date six months after your release date. The temporary ROS card will be plasticized by your Release Cell. You must destroy this card when you receive your permanent ROS card.

You may direct questions about the ROS cardâ ”temporary and permanentâ ”to Maj Wendy Barlow (DMCARM 4 Rel & Pension) at (613) 992-1198.

Offline Lance Wiebe

• Rate Post
  • Retired WO
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2005, 11:25:02 »
It's certainly not new, although the format has changed.  I saw one that was issued in 1968, so they've been around for a while.

I never received a temporary card, so that part is new.

Thanks for the intel, Michael!
"It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who served beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protestor to burn the flag." - Charles M. Province

Offline redleafjumper

• Rate Post
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2005, 01:19:36 »
This is sort of related , close enough that I didn't believe that it warranted a new threat. 

Why aren't there ID cards issued for the Supplementary Reserve?  It seems to me that if a person has signed on to the "in case of war break glass" brigade there should be some sort of identity card associated with it.

Anybody else have any thoughts on this one?
Redleafjumper

"After all, courage of the lonely sort is surely the most glorious thing that we can hope to witness, and whether it is displayed upon our side or upon the other, one feels the better for having witnessed it."  Major H. Hesketh-Pritchard, DSO, MC in Sniping in France 1914-18, p. 113.

Offline bwatch

• Long may your lums reak
  • Rate Post
  • This is me in Montreal
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2011, 02:01:39 »
I was in less then 10 years so all I have is my DVA care card. I have a problem with my hearing

Offline wildman0101

• Scoty Brandt
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
  • bold and swift
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2011, 21:36:13 »
you are honourably releasing after 10 or more years of CF service and are entitled to an immediate annuity, you will now receive an NDI 75 ROS card at the time of your release.
I didn't know that RE: above. I myself was given that card upon my 3-b med release
..... I do know that before that you were givin a discharge paper stating time served
date of discharge,,, reason for discharge,,, honourable... dishonourable,,,medical
otherwise.... so guess my question is what do our guy's and gal's get today....  A
card or paper... before the 10 yrs... Just curious.... Thanks
Scoty B
scoty b (aka the brat)
so my sister say's
she would know as she
pointed out ,,,, quote
my lil brother is one bad "mo-fo"
dont f*** with him you'll just get hurt.

Offline bwatch

• Rate Post
  • This is me in Montreal
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2011, 00:05:26 »
you are honourably releasing after 10 or more years of CF service and are entitled to an immediate annuity, you will now receive an NDI 75 ROS card at the time of your release.
I didn't know that RE: above. I myself was given that card upon my 3-b med release
..... I do know that before that you were givin a discharge paper stating time served
date of discharge,,, reason for discharge,,, honourable... dishonourable,,,medical
otherwise.... so guess my question is what do our guy's and gal's get today....  A
card or paper... before the 10 yrs... Just curious.... Thanks
Scoty B

When I left, I got paper. This was back in the 70's, early 80's

Offline Retired AF Guy

• Rate Post
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2011, 08:41:04 »
When I left, I got paper. This was back in the 70's, early 80's

It may be a recent thing. I retired in Dec 2005 and received one. All it does is record your name, rank on retiring, your SN, the number of years served and that I was honourably discharged.
““I'm an occasional drinker, the kind of guy who goes out for a beer and wakes up in Singapore with a full beard.”
― Raymond Chandler, Philip Marlowe's Guide to Life

Offline E.R. Campbell

• Retired, years ago
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2011, 08:47:17 »
Somewhat off topic, but: Does anyone know how to replace a damaged Record of Service Identification Card?

(That's what mine is called - it was issued in 1997 and, as other have said, has my photo, full name, last rank, service number and a serial number on the front and my years of service, release status, force component and signature on the back.)

It is ill that men should kill one another in seditions, tumults and wars; but it is worse to bring nations to such misery, weakness and baseness
as to have neither strength nor courage to contend for anything; to have nothing left worth defending and to give the name of peace to desolation.
Algernon Sidney in Discourses Concerning Government, (1698)
----------
Like what you see/read here on Army.ca?  Subscribe, and help keep it "on the air!"

Offline George Wallace

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Relic
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2011, 08:59:09 »
Somewhat off topic, but: Does anyone know how to replace a damaged Record of Service Identification Card?

(That's what mine is called - it was issued in 1997 and, as other have said, has my photo, full name, last rank, service number and a serial number on the front and my years of service, release status, force component and signature on the back.)

This may help, but I am not sure.  The new card is a NDI 75 and would probably be issued through Pass Control.  Here is the CFSU Ottawa Military Police site:  http://www.cfsuo.forces.gc.ca/ope/mpc-cpm/cu-cn-eng.asp

Their email for general information is:  ndhq400367@forces.gc.ca

DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.

Any postings made by me which are made on behalf of Army.ca will be followed by the statement "George, Milnet.ca Staff".

Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.

Offline Sigs Pig

• Rate Post
  • Don't wake the bear...
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2011, 09:19:02 »
Google is MY friend....
These fine people will help http://www.cpva.ca/

Then find: Click here to apply for the NDI 75 Card

ME
We work to eat to get the strength to work to eat to get the strength to work.
- John Dos Passos, 1896 - 1970

Offline 57Chevy

widower.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2011, 09:21:24 »
I just recently called reference the service pin.
I called here.

To obtain CF service pins and identification cards (CF 75), contact the Director Military Careers Administration (toll free) at 1-866-240-6726, or write to:

Director Military Careers Administration 4-2
National Defence Headquarters
MGen George R. Pearkes Building
101 Colonel By Drive
Ottawa ON K1A 0K2

Application Forms

Application Instructions for Replacement of Lost/Stolen Service Medals ONLY to Retired CF Members and Civilians

http://www.cmp-cpm.forces.gc.ca/dhr-ddhr/chc-tdh/af-fd/replacem-remplace-eng.asp

scroll the page

Offline Danjanou

• Reporting from Goat Rodeo Central
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • Butt Party NCO on the 81mm Mortar Range
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2011, 09:30:39 »
Try here

http://www.legion.ca/BB_10/10-004.htm

Edit someone beat me to it.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 10:04:56 by Danjanou »
NASA spent $12 Million designing a pen that could write in the zero gravity environment of space. The Russians went with pencils.
#414 | Rank: 7 | Cbt Exp: 536 | Msns: 137

Offline wildman0101

• Scoty Brandt
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
  • bold and swift
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2011, 17:38:41 »
Thank's for the post's Guy's.. Good to know as my old card is getting pretty beatup.
Best Regard's
Scoty B
scoty b (aka the brat)
so my sister say's
she would know as she
pointed out ,,,, quote
my lil brother is one bad "mo-fo"
dont f*** with him you'll just get hurt.

Offline 8141chuck

• Rate Post
military cards
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2011, 19:40:06 »
 I served in the canadian military for  only 3 years. Are there any card besides the NDI 75, or CF 75  which require 10 years of service to get that i qualify for.  My situation is with marine atlantic whom has a promotion on where they are giving a discount for military personel, veterans, etc. They are requiring both of these cards, and the vac card of which i have neither. I only have my certificate of service with the date i joined and the date of honorable release. Is there anyone out there that can help me out. Thanks, 8141 chuck.

Offline recceguy

A Usual Suspect.

• "Look, I don't know if shooting penguins will help the environment or not. But I do know that the decision shouldn't be in the hands of people who just wanna kill for fun."
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • doddering docent to the museum of misanthropy
    • Army.ca
Re: military cards
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2011, 11:48:24 »
I don't believe you are entitled to anything beyond your certificate.
If I were to live every day as though it were my last, the body count would be staggering

DISCLAIMER - my opinion may cause manginal irritation.

Online NFLD Sapper

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • CFSME Instructor and 2 TROOP WARRANT
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2011, 14:27:06 »
I served in the canadian military for  only 3 years. Are there any card besides the NDI 75, or CF 75  which require 10 years of service to get that i qualify for.  My situation is with marine atlantic whom has a promotion on where they are giving a discount for military personel, veterans, etc. They are requiring both of these cards, and the vac card of which i have neither. I only have my certificate of service with the date i joined and the date of honorable release. Is there anyone out there that can help me out. Thanks, 8141 chuck.

According to Marine Atlantic you need at least one of the fol for the special fare:

Eligibility
 For the purpose of this promotion Canadian Forces personnel are defined as active or retired members of the army, navy, air force or reserves.

An eligible individual must possess one of the following pieces of identification at the time of booking a reservation and must also present it at the time of travel:

• an identification card for the Department of National Defence (cards NDI 20, NDI 30, NDI 50, DND 2262);

• a Record of Service Card (NDI 75 or CF-75) or certificate of discharge (together with photo identification) for retired military; or

• a Veterans Affairs Canada (VAC) Benefit Card for veterans.

The Canadian Forces Appreciation Fare 2011 is designed to thank current and past members of our armed forces by providing them with a discount when travelling for personal reasons. Therefore, to qualify individuals must be travelling either in a personal vehicle or as walk-on customers. This discount is not provided in conjunction with other special fares such as group rates.

REF: Canadian Forces Appreciation Fare 2011

EDITED TO ADD:

Canadian Forces Appreciation Fare 2011

If you have questions related to the 2011 Canadian Forces Appreciation Fare, please contact:

Customer Relations
 Tel:  1-800-897-2797
Email: customer_relations@marine-atlantic.ca
CHIMO!
First in, Last out
Sappers Lead the Way

Just tell your wife she owes your life to some Muddy Old Engineer,
Some dusty, crusty, croaking, joking Muddy Old Engineer
#92 | Rank: 116 | Cbt Exp: 1,606,078 | Msns: 1,919

Offline snowball17

• Rate Post
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2011, 12:09:17 »
In addition to that.. I was wondering if anyone knew if members with less than 10 years service who are 3a, or 3b medical released - are they issued any sort of photo id  - in comparison to the CF 75? I was told in passing once that it was possible to be issued a CF 75 with less than 10 years service if you are  released under 3a, or 3b medical release, and were Reg F.

I have looked every where to support that information, but have had no luck. If anyone knows the answer please let me know!

Offline Jim Seggie

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • This is my son Michael, KIA Afghanistan 3 Sep 08
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2011, 12:22:09 »
Let me check that.....good point.
Freedom Isn't Free   "Never Shall I Fail My Brothers"

“Do everything that is necessary and nothing that is not".

Offline bwatch

• Rate Post
  • This is me in Montreal
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2011, 01:10:19 »

Ask your local MFRC about the Military Family ID Card

Offline spoon

• Rate Post
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2011, 11:28:41 »

I'm in a similar boat. As I understand the definition of veteran including any member who completed MOC training, I believe I qualify having served for a year following 3 years training and then on Supplementary Reserve for another 8 years or so.  However, NDI 75 is for 10 years of service, not including Supplementary. Were you able to find another form of card, 8141 chuck?

Offline 57Chevy

widower.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2011, 19:22:14 »
this may help for both your queries....reply #1: http://forums.army.ca/forums/index.php?topic=55981.0

Offline 57Chevy

widower.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2011, 19:30:24 »
In addition to that.. I was wondering if anyone knew if members with less than 10 years service who are 3a, or 3b medical released - are they issued any sort of photo id  - in comparison to the CF 75? I was told in passing once that it was possible to be issued a CF 75 with less than 10 years service if you are  released under 3a, or 3b medical release, and were Reg F.

I have looked every where to support that information, but have had no luck. If anyone knows the answer please let me know!

Yours too snowball:

ELIGIBILITY

5.     Effective 31 January 2000, forms CF 54 and CF 75 shall be issued
to a member who has completed 10 or more years service in any component
of the Canadian Forces (CF) or who, at the time of release, was entitled
to an immediate annuity.  The only exception is that these documents will
not be issued to members released under item 1 (misconduct) or 2
(unsatisfactory service).

same link as above.