Author Topic: Infantry Officer Power  (Read 7567 times)

Offline bdb1231

• Rate Post
Infantry Officer Power
« on: August 12, 2012, 23:56:22 »
How many infantry soldiers does one infantry officer control?

I read on the CF website that 1 infantry officer control 25 men, is it true? Or is there about 5 officers out of every 25 infantry soldiers, lead by a top officer?

Offline Gbert84

• Rate Post

Offline dapaterson

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
Re: Infantry Officer Power
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 00:14:37 »
A platoon commander will command a platoon.

A company commander will command a company.

A battalion commander will command a battalion.

So the number of soldiers an infantry officer commands depends on his or her appointment.
This posting made in accordance with the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, section 2(b):
Everyone has the following fundamental freedoms: freedom of thought, belief, opinion and expression, including freedom of the press and other media of communication
http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/charter/1.html

aesop081

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 06:36:42 »
Infantry Officer Power

I believe infantry officers are powered by food, just like everyone else. Maybe there is a new hybrid model these days, i don't know.

Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 06:42:54 by CDN Aviator »

Offline Jed

• Rate Post
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 07:58:28 »

I believe infantry officers are powered by food, just like everyone else. Maybe there is a new hybrid model these days, i don't know.

Hope this helps.

Probably a lot of Beans in the mix.
As the old man used to say: " I used to be a coyote, but I'm alright nooooOOOOWWW!"

Offline ObedientiaZelum

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2012, 10:17:00 »

Hope this helps.

Yea I got the same feeling from the thread title and first line too..
We ask only to serve
✠ Ave Imperator ✠

Online George Wallace

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Relic
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2012, 10:21:21 »
Google is your friend.
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.

Any postings made by me which are made on behalf of Army.ca will be followed by the statement "George, Milnet.ca Staff".

Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.

Offline GAP

• Semper Fi
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2012, 10:26:33 »

Hope this helps.

hashbrownies are food....just saying  ;D

....giving you the sense of extreme power and strength....until they run out.... then you get the munchies....(I wonder if the new hyprid model gets a longer power period......)
REMEMBER SOME PEOPLE ARE ALIVE SIMPLY BECAUSE IT IS ILLEGAL TO SHOOT THEM

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I´m not so sure about the universe

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

My mind is like lighting, one brilliant flash, then its gone.....

A young boy asks his father "Dad, where did I get my intelligence from?"

Dad replies "You must have gotten it from your mother, I still have mine."

Offline ObedientiaZelum

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2012, 11:38:38 »
hashbrownies are food....just saying  ;D

....giving you the sense of extreme power and strength....until they run out.... then you get the munchies....(I wonder if the new hyprid model gets a longer power period......)

I just want to know how many people will salute me arrrrgh

Ps potatos are bad for you.
We ask only to serve
✠ Ave Imperator ✠

Offline PuckChaser

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
    • Peacekeeper's Homepage
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2012, 11:45:41 »
I thought Infantry Officers commanded by the power of Greyskull. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wKZB7uqdRA&feature=related

Offline dapaterson

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2012, 12:03:28 »
I thought Infantry Officers commanded by the power of Greyskull. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wKZB7uqdRA&feature=related

No, Greyskull is a regimental thing, not common across all the Infantry.  For an example from a different regiment, there's this clip from an old Colonel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwURoueDzFo .
This posting made in accordance with the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, section 2(b):
Everyone has the following fundamental freedoms: freedom of thought, belief, opinion and expression, including freedom of the press and other media of communication
http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/charter/1.html

Offline PPCLI Guy

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • It's all good
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2012, 12:21:04 »
How many infantry soldiers does one infantry officer control?

I read on the CF website that 1 infantry officer control 25 men, is it true? Or is there about 5 officers out of every 25 infantry soldiers, lead by a top officer?

So, now that you have decided that being a Log O is beneath you, you have decided that you would prefer to inflict yourself on the Infantry?  Oh goody.

Officers do not have "power".  They have, first and foremost, responsibility.  The greater the responsibility one has, in a general sense, the greater the authority that you are granted.  Throughout all of this you will be held accountable for your actions and those of your subordinates.  If you manage to execute your authority in a responsible and accountable way, you may garner some influence

The moment that you confuse influence or authority with power is the moment you should be neck-shot.
"The higher the rank, the more necessary it is that boldness should be accompanied by a reflective mind....for with increase in rank it becomes always a matter less of self-sacrifice and more a matter of the preservation of others, and the good of the whole."

Karl von Clausewitz

Offline GAP

• Semper Fi
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2012, 12:45:51 »
 :goodpost: No, an excellent post... :salute:
REMEMBER SOME PEOPLE ARE ALIVE SIMPLY BECAUSE IT IS ILLEGAL TO SHOOT THEM

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I´m not so sure about the universe

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

My mind is like lighting, one brilliant flash, then its gone.....

A young boy asks his father "Dad, where did I get my intelligence from?"

Dad replies "You must have gotten it from your mother, I still have mine."

Offline Eye In The Sky

• Turn right, vector...three-six-five...
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2012, 12:48:29 »
I guess pilot was beneath him as well...

I cannot believe someone got into DEO pilot with a 65% university GPA. I thought you have to have at least like 75-78%. I think I'm going to apply as well.

Going thru the post history was...magical. 

Offline Kat Stevens

non atrocitate, non clementia mutabatur.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • that's how we roll in redneck land
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2012, 12:49:47 »
So, now that you have decided that being a Log O is beneath you, you have decided that you would prefer to inflict yourself on the Infantry?  Oh goody.

Officers do not have "power".  They have, first and foremost, responsibility.  The greater the responsibility one has, in a general sense, the greater the authority that you are granted.  Throughout all of this you will be held accountable for your actions and those of your subordinates.  If you manage to execute your authority in a responsible and accountable way, you may garner some influence

The moment that you confuse influence or authority with power is the moment you should be neck-shot.
Apparently, a "USUAL SUSPECT"

plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose

If a million people do a stupid thing, it's STILL a stupid thing.

Dimensions will always be expressed in the least useable term, velocity for example, will be expressed in furlongs per fortnight.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats

“Look here, Mars! Look here, Mars! I am Titus Pullo! These bloody men are my gift to you.”

Offline Towards_the_gap

• 'Just tell your wife, that she owes your life, to a muddy old engineer'
  • Rate Post
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2012, 14:49:01 »
I guess pilot was beneath him as well...

Going thru the post history was...magical.

I particularly chortled at the post about how stoned he was in high school.

::)

MikeL

« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2012, 15:17:05 »
bdb,  do you have any idea what you actually want to do?

When you were posting last year on the forums you were all over the place with what trade you wanted,  and if you wanted Officer or NCM.  A year later,  and it looks like you are still all over the place with a trade you would want to do.  But at least it looks like you made a decision.. picking to join the CF as a officer.  Then again it it looks like you don't seem to care what you do,  since you started a thread asking what the easiest officer trade to get into was....

Offline ObedientiaZelum

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2012, 17:22:52 »
bdb,  do you have any idea what you actually want to do?

When you were posting last year on the forums you were all over the place with what trade you wanted,  and if you wanted Officer or NCM.  A year later,  and it looks like you are still all over the place with a trade you would want to do.  But at least it looks like you made a decision.. picking to join the CF as a officer.  Then again it it looks like you don't seem to care what you do,  since you started a thread asking what the easiest officer trade to get into was....

Some people like the idea of applying to stuff but never follow through.
Like reservists putting their names in for tour and making sure they tell everyone they put in for it- but when the time comes to follow through they excuses come out.
The OP is just wasting bandwidth IMO
We ask only to serve
✠ Ave Imperator ✠

Offline General Disorder

Mmmmphhh!

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2012, 17:36:30 »
Some people like the idea of applying to stuff but never follow through.
Like reservists putting their names in for tour and making sure they tell everyone they put in for it- but when the time comes to follow through they excuses come out.
Or they find excuses not to go when there's fighting to be done, but are first in line for ATTENTION.  They ought to be shamed by those MANY reservists who fought, and died, answering the call. 

[/rant]

As for Infantry Power, it's best when we infantry officers gather in groups.  That way, we can touch rings as we chant for our Infantry Power to Activate!

Much like these cats:

So, there I was....

Offline recceguy

A Usual Suspect.

• "Look, I don't know if shooting penguins will help the environment or not. But I do know that the decision shouldn't be in the hands of people who just wanna kill for fun."
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
  • doddering docent to the museum of misanthropy
    • Army.ca
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2012, 19:48:25 »
I think this one can be put to bed.

Milnet.ca Staff

If I were to live every day as though it were my last, the body count would be staggering

DISCLAIMER - my opinion may cause manginal irritation.