Author Topic: Rx Ballistic Inserts  (Read 3167 times)

Offline sod_buster

• Rate Post
Rx Ballistic Inserts
« on: October 27, 2009, 22:15:26 »
Having searched and found nothing, here goes.

I'm currently a reservist on my BMQ, and one with bad eyesight. I read on the eye wear instructions that one could receive Rx inserts. Is this available to reservists? I can't recall ever hearing about an MIR in London. How would I go about getting these made?

Thanks for your time :yellow:

Offline Breacher41

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Per Pietas et Virtus
Re: Rx Ballistic Inserts
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 22:57:45 »
Yes they are available for anyone with a requirement.

Talk to your CoC and they will get it sort it out for you. Not your course CoC, but your Unit CoC. Talk to your Section Commander first and they should get right on it for you.
هناك [هس تو] كنت يستعصي طريق
#584 | Rank: 5 | Cbt Exp: 109 | Msns: 42

Offline ajp

• AJP
  • Rate Post
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 14:06:33 »
If your prescription is really bad you get an alternate option, glasses.  Well ... safety glasses.  They are gooney looking but work, and in my last refit (before the eye surgery) I got the gas mask insert as well.  As stated, see your unit CoC and they should be able to set you up. 

Offline a Sig Op

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • I won't be a rock star. I will be a legend.
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2009, 14:24:12 »
Yes they are available for anyone with a requirement.

Talk to your CoC and they will get it sort it out for you. Not your course CoC, but your Unit CoC. Talk to your Section Commander first and they should get right on it for you.

Why not his course chain of command? Everything is supposed to go through them while he's on course.

Further, anyone who laughs and says there's no way to get it done before the end of basic training is just plain ignorant or lazy.

We had two pairs of perscription inserts for every student who wore perscription glasses on the last course I taught on. All orders into the local optometrist by Friday were finished by Tuesday.

"I'm with the red hat ladies, and I thought there was an actual tea party... so there's no tea eh?"

Offline gelan

• Rate Post
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2009, 18:08:36 »
I'm kind of in the same boat, though I'm not a recruit.

Is this just a matter of taking my prescription to Base supply, or do I need to go through the optician at the base hospital?
Pro Patria / Blackjack!

Offline PuckChaser

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
    • Peacekeeper's Homepage
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2009, 07:10:30 »
If you're entitled to Ballistic Eyewear, you are entitled to RX inserts for them (One of the friendly neighbourhood Supply Techs, please correct me if this has changed). I just walked into Base Hospital, got a current eye exam completed (they want a current one to order your inserts), and then walked across the hall and got the inserts ordered.

Offline Lerch

• The Guns, thank God the Guns!
  • Rate Post
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2009, 09:02:07 »
I'm kind of in the same boat, though I'm not a recruit.

Is this just a matter of taking my prescription to Base supply, or do I need to go through the optician at the base hospital?

Optician at your base hospital, you'll go through them for all your eyesight needs. This includes replacing the Rx nose piece for your ballistics (base supply only has the regular nose pieces, the Rx ones have a little tab at the top for the insert to attach to).
BDR Scheer, R.

Offline Matt_Fisher

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Former Marine
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2009, 08:13:04 »
If you're having problems obtaining these through the CF supply system, or if you'd like to pick up a second insert (Murphy's Law...glasses break at the most inopportune times) CPGear has them available:  http://www.cpgear.com/StoreBox/eyewear/6177.htm