Author Topic: PLD ON ENROLMENT  (Read 12063 times)

Offline 2010newbie

• Rate Post
Re: PLD ON ENROLMENT
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2010, 09:55:02 »
TORONTO AREA 1  1485
TORONTO AREA 2  506
TORONTO AREA 3  522
TORONTO AREA 4  819
TORONTO AREA 5  1167

Is there a link somewhere that delineates these Toronto Areas? I will be living in Whitby while going to school and I am wondering if Whitby is considered part of one of these?

Offline MasterInstructor

• Rate Post
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2010, 05:36:45 »
gotta love confusion, i spoke to a recruiter yesterday and he told me that i would not pay R&Q but no PLD ??? :cdn:

I was told the same thing at CFRC Vancouver by a clerk but like I said, it is part of week 0 admin process, i did not have to ask for i, forms were filled put as a part of admin class...

I have been enjoying Vancouver PLD for some time now... I am now on Grad week!

Offline Sprinting Thistle

• Rate Post
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2010, 02:52:22 »
I would offer that people check and double check before accepting PLD.  Do not take for granted that you think you are entitled.  A soldier of mine was given PLD in Toronto upon enrolment, attended St Jean, then the ATC.  When the soldier arrived in Petawawa at the unit, and processed through the IRPP consultant, they flagged the PLD payments.  It was investigated by the Base Comptroller, consulted with Ottawa.  Result - not entitled and $10,000 taken off the soldiers pay.  Soldier had a spouse as well.

Offline Eye In The Sky

• '140 button-monkey. Will work for box lunches & bad coffee.
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2010, 11:52:53 »
Do you know the basis for the recovery?  Reference?

Thats a substantial amount of funds (and I would assume a reasonable repayment plan was put forth from the Unit CoC for approval?).

Its funny how they pick it up if you are receiving PLD but not entitled.  I know of one member of my last unit who was entitled to PLD (Halifax) and had never received it ever.  In fact, he had no idea there WAS such a thing as PLD.  It was another member of the unit who asked something about PLD...he then called over to the pay office.

End result he received PLD for Halifax backdated to...well to whenever PLD for Halifax was first introduced and had a HELL of a time trying to get the paperwork sorted out, mainly with Revenue Canada, as he had to adjust his tax returns for X amount of years.  PITA, but he did get the money in the end, or just over 50% after it was taxed to death. 
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 11:56:54 by Eye In The Sky »
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.

Offline Sprinting Thistle

• Rate Post
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2010, 16:54:13 »
Reference?  Not off hand as we are deployed right now.  Payment plan - yes.  However, what we did do was approach the CM, have the soldier put on IR and back dated the IR so he ended up with enough funds to cover off the error. 

Offline kkramar

Run tomorrow morning......hopefully.

• Rate Post
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2010, 02:38:20 »
I just had a chat with my file manager a couple days ago and she did mention that I would be getting PLD. But that's something that I'll find out in September, but it would be dreamy if I could get 684 bucks a month for living in Edmonton.

Anyone know if this is actually true???
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 02:50:02 by kkramar »

Online MJP

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2010, 08:20:58 »
I just had a chat with my file manager a couple days ago and she did mention that I would be getting PLD. But that's something that I'll find out in September, but it would be dreamy if I could get 684 bucks a month for living in Edmonton.

Anyone know if this is actually true???

Yes IF you maintained a residence in Edmonton while on training and until you received a posting to another area, you would get PLD.  However by your accounts you aren't going to maintain a residence and therefore would not be eligible.

Offline kkramar

Run tomorrow morning......hopefully.

• Rate Post
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2010, 12:04:23 »
Yea I talked to my file manager and it turns out that I am keeping the place.

Offline lstpierre

• Rate Post
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2010, 20:13:57 »
Does anyone know how I can find out where each zone for Toronto is? I have no idea which zone my place is in.