Author Topic: Army Courses List  (Read 197101 times)

Offline Michael O'Leary

• The moral high ground cannot be dominated by fire alone, it must be occupied to be claimed as held.
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The Regimental Rogue
Army Courses List
« on: May 20, 2005, 22:46:51 »
Please see the new Army Course List thread here: http://forums.army.ca/forums/index.php?topic=114268.msg1294580#msg1294580
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 06:07:36 by Mike Bobbitt »

Offline Randy15

• Rate Post
Re: Army Courses List
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2005, 17:35:31 »
Is there anywhere that i could find more info on the Winter Warfare courses?

aesop081

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2005, 19:24:03 »
You have 2 courses on there from CFSAL that are not controlled by the army, i assume that was the original intent ?

Offline Michael O'Leary

• The moral high ground cannot be dominated by fire alone, it must be occupied to be claimed as held.
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The Regimental Rogue
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2005, 19:33:32 »
They were in the original document, the courses are Army responsibility for management of content, but conducted by CFSAL.

Offline Randy15

• Rate Post
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2005, 22:55:58 »

And the winter warfare course question should be it's own topic.

You mean i should start a whole new thread on getting info on winter warfare courses?

Offline Michael O'Leary

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The Regimental Rogue
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2005, 20:28:47 »
You mean i should start a whole new thread on getting info on winter warfare courses?

Actually, in this case it might help. Some who could address the topic may not have seen the question because they aren't following the "course list" thread.

And then a mod can sanitize this thread of all non-applicable content.

Offline Cataract Kid

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2005, 17:20:16 »
Actually, in this case it might help. Some who could address the topic may not have seen the question because they aren't following the "course list" thread.

And then a mod can sanitize this thread of all non-applicable content.
Ive posted the Link to WATC, they have lots of good info in regards to joining instructions and so on.
http://forums.army.ca/forums/index.php/topic,31148.msg223167/topicseen.html#msg223167
As well as a link to the Basic Winter Warfare Qual. Standards

D-n-A

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2005, 13:54:52 »
How does it work with getting into a specific course??

In the reserve you fill out a course request form, don't know how it works in the reg force.

Zero216

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2005, 21:49:41 »
Can anyone offer details or a link regarding this course:

Military Trials Management   NCM   Common   LFTEU

And what does LFTEU mean?

Offline Michael O'Leary

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The Regimental Rogue
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2005, 22:31:31 »

Land Force Trials and Evaluations Unit

http://www.army.dnd.ca/cfb_gagetown/units/lfteu_e.asp

also you may want to follow up with this member:
http://forums.army.ca/forums/index.php/topic,27835.0.html

Offline Get Nautical

• Rate Post
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2006, 04:48:05 »
What is the course Miltary Tandem Master about?
"In a world spinning rapidly on its hinges, on streets cluttered with hood-wielding farts peddling disco biscuits and cheap fireworks, who is left to fight for honour, justice, and enough loose change for a bottle of happy shopper ouzo? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken Caesar!"
- That Michell and Webb Look

Offline Centurian1985

• Rate Post
  • Putting the 'P' in the gene 'ool'...
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2006, 00:09:02 »
I was going to add that there is also a targeting course in the Uk open to officers and NCM, but are you restricting the list to only courses controlled by the Army?

Offline Michael O'Leary

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The Regimental Rogue
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2006, 07:50:11 »
The list in the original post was the list of course controlled by the Canadian Army at the time it was posted.  It has not been amended for any changes since then.  It does not include all possible courses a soldier or officer might attend in their career.

Offline Shaun

• Rate Post
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2006, 20:55:50 »
Michael,

Do you have the DIN link for the courses?  I'm assuming a memo through the chain of command is how one would get onto the mentioned courses?

Thanks,

Shaun

Offline Michael O'Leary

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The Regimental Rogue
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2006, 20:58:31 »
What you see is what I had.  Any further details on specific cources would be published by the designated Centre of Excellence.

Offline plattypuss

• Rate Post
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2006, 09:51:24 »
Gents

I am going to try and add the link to the 06/07 and 07/08 Army National Individual Trg calendars.  These list the courses that are planned by the Army for those respective years.

http://armyonline.kingston.mil.ca/LFDTS/143000440010602/Default.asp

This is the CTC Gagetown Website for those calendars.  Other courses conducted by CFSTG are found here:

http://borden.mil.ca/toc/english/training_establishments_e.asp

For certain career courses - your career manager would load you and for others a memo through the chain of command will do.  Keep in mind that you have to be realistic in your expectations of what course you can get on.  The next few years will see limited posns available on Basic Para courses for example due to the standup of the Spec Ops Regt and the need to reconstitute jump capability back into 3 RCR.
Our plans miscarry because they have no aim. When a man does not know what harbor he is making for, no wind is the right wind.
       - Seneca

Offline Leo791989

• Rate Post
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2006, 00:10:40 »
Do you guys know about Air Force course(s) as well?
Especially Met Tech.

Offline George Wallace

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2006, 10:38:33 »
Usually us Combats Arms types aren't going to find out much about Air Force Courses.
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.

Any postings made by me which are made on behalf of Army.ca will be followed by the statement "George, Milnet.ca Staff".

Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.

Offline plattypuss

• Rate Post
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2006, 13:17:03 »
If you can get on the Army News website they have a feature on the Met Tech trade. Link below for the DIN.

http://www.armee.forces.gc.ca/lf/English/6_5_2.asp
Our plans miscarry because they have no aim. When a man does not know what harbor he is making for, no wind is the right wind.
       - Seneca

Offline Snowy91

• Rate Post
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2006, 21:28:28 »
I know everyone probably trys for this but does anyone know how to apply for or how to get into sniper training? Do they ask you?

I get sworn in on the 13th and leave for basic on the 25th and I was wondering if theres anything I could do to plan ahead.  Thanks

Offline paracowboy

• I keep sayin' it...
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Make The Voices Stop!
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2006, 21:38:16 »
I know everyone probably trys for this but does anyone know how to apply for or how to get into sniper training? Do they ask you?

I get sworn in on the 13th and leave for basic on the 25th and I was wondering if theres anything I could do to plan ahead.  Thanks
this will not be the first time that question has been asked. I know you find that shocking. There are dozens of pages on it. SEARCH.
...time to cull the herd.

Offline George Wallace

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2006, 21:49:47 »
Too early for you to be worrying about that.  You have to get in first.  Then you have to become a Member of the Infantry Branch.  Then you have to become a member of an Infantry Regiment (Regular Force).  Then you may be recognized for your skills, knowledge and courses that you've completed, and be lucky enough to be nominated for the Crse.
Nope!
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.

Any postings made by me which are made on behalf of Army.ca will be followed by the statement "George, Milnet.ca Staff".

Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.

Offline Snowy91

• Rate Post
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2006, 19:05:44 »
Thanks I get the idea, and SEARCH I will!

Offline radop215

• Rate Post
  • deus contemno nos totus
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2006, 11:05:07 »
An apology for the devil: it must be remembered that we have heard one side of the case. God has written all the books.

Offline Haligonian

• Rate Post
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2006, 05:30:33 »
I'm curious as to how courses are divided amongst Officers and NCMs.  For example I noticed that Desert Warfare is offered only to NCM's but Jungle and Winter Warfare courses are offered to both Officers and NCMs.  Is this simply a matter of not having enough instructors for an officer Desert course or does it have something to do with the nature of the officer’s role?  I'd also be curious about the sniping courses as they are all offered only to NCMs.  Are there no officers in the army who are snipers?  Do NCOs exclusively lead sniper detachments?