Author Topic: Donald I. Grant, WWII photographer  (Read 1435 times)

sandramuys

Donald I. Grant, WWII photographer
« on: August 22, 2004, 04:18:20 »
We are interested to find out what happened to Lt. Donald I. Grant.

Mr. Grant was a Canadian war photographer in the Second World War. He went with the troops starting with D-Day and going all the way up through France to Belgium, the Netherlands (September and October 1944) and then through to Germany in 1945.

Mr. Grant was part of the Canadian Film and Photo Unit (CFPU).  

We are putting together an exposition of the 60 years Liberation of Terneuzen, The Netherlands, and some of the photo's we are using are taken by Mr. Grant. We also have a photo of him taken in England on May 11, 1944 (CREDIT: F.L. Dubervill / Public Archives of Canada / DND / PA-137026). We are interested in finding out if he continued as a photographer, and what happened to him.

You can see the photo at: http://people.zeelandnet.nl/ehamelink/hvt/bevrijding/donaldigrant.htm

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Sandra Muys & Edwin Hamelink

toots@zeelandnet.nl

Terneuzen, The Netherlands

Offline Spr.Earl

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Grizzled Old Veteran
« Last Edit: August 22, 2004, 05:37:42 by Spr.Earl »
THE PRECEDING POST AND OTHERS MADE BY MYSELF ARE MY PERSONAL VIEWS, NOT FOR REPRODUCTION, NOT FOR CUT AND PASTE OF ANY PORTION THEREOF, NO QUOTES ARE PERMITTED ELSEWHERE,ANYWHERE OTHER THAN EXCLUSIVELY IN THIS WEB FORUM.

UBIQUE
Be Safe

sandramuys

Re: Donald I. Grant, WWII photographer
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2004, 04:00:19 »
Update:
I have received email from a gentleman in Canada which includes a copy of the photo of Mr. Grant in the back of the book "The Way we Were" by Ken Bell, c. 1988. The caption on this photo indicates that Mr. Grant has retired to Poole, England.

Our inquires are now focusing on England.

If anyone has any other ideas, I would appreciate hearing from you.

Regards,

Sandra Muys